Situated on 5 Rai (2.5 acres) of land this 6 year old house is designed it to suit the site – to catch breezes; to get a view of the Sam Roi Yot mountains especially at sunset; to be a family home, could live outdoors as much as indoors even in the rainy season.
Designed by the owner and professionally drafted by Backup Design Architects. The house was designed to incorporate features of the Australian Queenslander home, which is typically used in areas that have a similar climate to Thailand. In particular it has:
- Plenty of double sliding doors and windows to allow breezes to pass through every room and high ceilings. There is excellent ventilation.
- 2-3m wide verandahs and additional 50cm roof overhang prevents sunlight from hitting the external walls minimising heating of the house.
The design also acknowledges the Thai traditional house, in separating living and sleeping areas from each other.
As a result of the design features, the house remains at a stable temperature all year, and although air conditioner piping is installed in each bedroom, it has never been necessary to fit air conditioning units. Fans provide ample cooling, which helps keep the running expenses of this house quite low.
The kitchen and living areas are huge, with vaulted ceilings so high there is a 6 x 4 meter home office on a mezzanine level above the kitchen. The three regular bedrooms are all 5 x 5 meters whilst the master bedroom is closer to 6 x 8 meters, with a 5 meter ceiling height!
Wood floors throughout give it a warm and inviting feeling, instead of hard cold tiles that are cheaper but uncomfortable to walk on.
If cramped living is not your style, we think you’ll like this house very much.
The Hua Hin house is located:
- close to the end of the Hua Hin Bypass.
- 5 minutes to Pranburi Tesco, 10 minutes to Makro,
- 10 minutes to the best beach in the Hua Hin area (it’s still a secret beach!),
- 20 minutes to Hua Hin center.
This 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom Hua Hin house with a total living area 400sqm features:
- Master bedroom 60sqm. with a 5m ceiling
- Ensuite Bathroom
- 3 bedrooms each measuring 25sqm
- Shared bathroom
- Study 24sqm
- Large open plan kitchen 24 sqm
- Island bench and 5 burner hob.
- living area 48sqm. with a 6m. ceiling height.
- 2m verandah circling the entire house
- Separate 2 car garage, laundry and toilet.
- Small yoga / relaxing sala
- All hardwood floors
- exposed recycled teak ceiling beams, stairs, sliding doors, and some furniture
- 4 stage water filter in kitchen
- Wireless Broadband
- Fans in all rooms, ready to fit air-con units, although they are not required for this house.
- Extremely solid construction in concrete, with steel roof and Ayara tiles. Very low maintenance. Architect designed, with full plans available.